Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29 Update

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We diverged from the baseball trip for a few days to visit Nancy's sister and husband (Sara and Karl) in Vestal, NY. Nancy and Sara visited relatives and did some touring. Karl and I played golf. The new Ping putter must be helping ... I shot an 84 and an 85.

On Monday, we drove to Saratoga to bet the ponies. I had hoped to win back some of the money we lost in Vegas. However, it was not to be. Lots of longshots came in. We met a friend, Mark Davis, for drinks after the races then went to the Barnsider restaurant for dinner (Historical sidebar -- the Barnsider was the restaurant where my P&G interviewer -- Jim Frisa -- took me to dinner to try to convince me to work at P&G. It's about 10 miles from the RPI campus).

Today, we drove to Boston. We'll be seeing the Red Sox game tomorrow. We met my old friend, Robby Neufeld, his wife Phyllis, and their daughter, Hannah, for dinner at McCormick's and Schmick's. Very good seafood. Robby and Hannah will be joining us at the game tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Jay and Nancy,

It was great to have seen you on Monday. Sorry it couldn't have been at the track. Next year.

Janet and I finally made it up for the 5th - 8th today. I lost. She hits the feature at 6-1 (Any Limit in the Honorable Miss (G2) - hmmm).

Have a good east coast swing.

Mark